Warwickshire Police, formed as Warwickshire Constabulary in 1840, serves a population of some
550,000 across an area of 762 square miles that covers the local government areas of Warwick District Council; Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council; Stratford-onAvon District Council; Rugby Borough Council and North Warwickshire Borough Council.
In September 2020, the force had 1,041 police officers, 100 special constables, 87 police community support officers (PCSO), 65 police support volunteers (PSV), and 809 associated support staff.
In September 2013, Warwickshire Police embarked on a partnership with West Mercia Police to share back office services; force systems and support teams. The alliance formally cease to exist in October 2019 but until the recent award West Mercia Police continued to provide their operation payroll service.
Liberata had provided bureau-only payroll services to Warwickshire Police since the contract novated in
February 2016 from Worcestershire County Council – prior to this, Worcestershire had provided the services since the 1980s.
Until the recent contract award, Warwickshire Police continued with a bureau-only payroll service from
Liberata and West Mercia police provided their operational payroll service through the strategic alliance.
Post the cessation of this partnership Warwickshire Police sought the provision of a fully managed service for their payslips and this was recently awarded to Liberata.
This contract has been awarded for two years with the option to extend for a further year and has a total
contract value of approximately £367,000 (over the three years).
Work has now begun on the knowledge transfer from their existing provider to Liberata through a number of workshops.
- Accurate and secure
- Capacity, scalability and resilience of service – Pre-existing expertise in delivering complex, sensitive SAP based payrolls
- True segregation of duties drives quality of service and accuracy of output – reduced issues to resolve for stakeholder and employees
- Fully Digital service that allows payees to access their pay documents and manage their personal details from their own devices – no need for paper payslips
- Full DR failover to secondary data centre and if necessary secondary business centre / home-working – Liberata has never failed to deliver a pay run
- Simple, pragmatic approach to integration – less to go wrong and simpler to fix