Business Rates Review
Identifying and validating new or additional rateable value is costly and time consuming. Investment in technology and additional resource can be challenging, and data solutions can be costly and still require investment from council resources.
Our Business Rates Review service identifies additional items that are either unrated or under-rated and gathers the right evidence to successfully get the hereditament rated via the Valuation Office Agency (VOA). The Electronic Billing Authority Reports (EBAR) process has placed a further burden on local authorities to comply with the guidelines and our service is set up to support this exact process.
Through our RV Finder service, we review and identify hereditaments that are not currently rated or misclassified.
How Does It Work?
We manage the full Business Rates review cycle, not only data matching and mapping/aerial photography analysis to validate properties, but we go further by offering extensive customer contact activity; all necessary site inspections; call handling; Valuation Office Agency liaison and cross system processing to guarantee results. This ensure that provide everything to enable the VOA to action each new prospect identified as quickly and efficiently as possible.
What We Do
- Identify, investigate and validate new rateable value or additional growth on current rateable hereditaments
- Run a fully managed review including canvassing, outbound calling, full customer service support and Valuation Office Agency administration
- Undertake site investigations, wherever necessary, to gather sufficient evidence
- Offer flexibility to exclude cases upfront which are already on the council radar and prioritise categories to meet council requirements
- Provide a complete validation of your current business rates base
Importantly, we don’t work with ratings agents so there is no conflict of interest in terms of new prospects found.
The Business Review service is a no risk solution. Designed around your needs to maximise revenue with minimal risk, you only pay a percentage of the additional RV found once confirmed by the VOA.
You can generate further additional income by incorporating our Empty Homes Review and SPD Review services when reviewing business rates and all services are available on the Government's G-Cloud 12 procurement framework.
You have nothing to lose in requesting a personalised business case for your council.
To learn more about our Business Rates Review service contact usto request further information.